Monday, August 30, 2010

Interlude

The smell of the sun-warmed rice paddies and the sound of cicadas buzzing in the trees bring me a sense of peace after a long week of teaching.  It's almost mandatory that I at least leave the immediate city limits to find my own peace of mind.  That's not to say that Chungju isn't nice, it is.  In fact, it has more parks than almost any other city I've been to.  Nearly every corner is green space.  There's even a beautiful lake and a lotus garden not too far from my house.



What I am saying is that I need more than just to be teased with a sample of nature.  Despite the fact that most of the area around my little city is agriculturally developed it's still strikingly beautiful.  With that, I invite you to take a short ride with me on my bike.



And to enjoy a few photos that haven't fit into any specific category thus far.  For more photos, you should check out Comrade's blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment